Subject: Re: How can I make use of ipnat?
To: Oliver Egginger <oliver.egginger@dvz.fh-giessen.de>
From: Gabor Nyeki <bigmac@vim.hu>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/31/2004 13:47:10
On Sat, 31 Jan 2004, Oliver Egginger wrote:

oliver> I would like to configure a port forwarding from port 465/tcp to port
oliver> 25/tcp. I tempted to use ipnat for this, but if I call ipnat I receive
oliver> every time:
oliver> ioctl(SIOCGNATS): Operation not supported by device
oliver> (For example if I simply call ipnat -l)
oliver>
oliver> I have these lines (among others) in my kernel conf:
oliver> pseudo-device	bpfilter	8	# Berkeley packet filter
oliver> pseudo-device	ipfilter		# IP filter (firewall) and NAT
oliver>

  Did you compile with the kernel-options ``GATEWAY'' and ``PFIL_HOOKS''?

---
NetBSD: ``divide et impera''