Subject: Re: mrtg without x11
To: netbsd-users@NetBSD.org <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Antoine Jacoutot <ajacoutot@lphp.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/28/2004 19:12:06
> That one is easy. Same procedure as every configure. Look in config.log
> and grep for the last occurence of "fail". This will usually explain
> what went wrong. In this case the problem is the missing library "ttf".
> You didn't delete net/mrtg/patches/patch-aa which I mentioned in my
> first mail.

Well, I knew what the cause of the error was, I just didn't know how to solve
it using the pkgsrc framework.
You're right, I totally forgot to remove the aa patch you mentionned...

> Sure. However, I'm not sure whether pkgsrc scales with too many
> options because it causes different PLISTs and it would be much work
> to make PLISTs for every possible combination of build options. I
> can live with mismatching PLISTs but most people would probably
> dislike it. Anyhow, this is wrong list to discuss this. tech-pkg
> would be appropriate and it might have been discussed there already.

I'll try to ask there...
I don't mind not having all the possible compile options, but I think making
X11 support optional would be good, whatever the package (if it is possible,
of course).

> [BTW, I'm subscribed to the list and don't need a carbon copy, nor
>  will I respond any faster. Thanks.]

I didn't do it for you to answer faster.
Anywa, sorry about this.
Thanks.

Antoine