Subject: Re: Kernel fault at startup
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Christian Biere <christianbiere@gmx.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/24/2004 21:05:52
--+g7M9IMkV8truYOl

Roman Kennke wrote:
> I did that and obviously they are fixed now. My box runs now a magnitude
> faster. Is there a way to incorporate these fixes in the 1.6.1 kernel
> source manually? So I could run with a stable kernel which gives me DMA.

You could have a look at the diff of sources between 1.6.1 and -current.
The relevant changes should be sys/dev/{pci,ata}. However, there might
be a lot of noise due to e.g., changed kernel structures. You could
also look at the log messages especially for the files which are=20
relevant for your drives/controllers. Maybe just ask the developers
who fixed it.

--=20
Christian

--+g7M9IMkV8truYOl