Subject: Re: Linksys BEFSR41 with DHCP and NetBSD 1.6.1
To: Camilo Mendoza <camilomendoza@ideassistemas.com>
From: Aaron W. Hsu <noorah@aaronhsu.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/22/2004 18:38:07
> Well I have try creating my own dhclient.conf but it has so many options
> that I don't know whats working and whats  not, I think I have try a
> hostname option inside that file but still when I check in the linksys sure
> enough still no name...
> out of the many options I have put in there I think from reading several
> suggestions I finally left my fille with just the following two lines
>
> dhclient.conf:
> send host-name "dev.server";
> supersede host-name "dev.server";
>
> and my rc.conf has
> hostname "dev.server";
> dhclient=Yes
> dhclient_flags="sip0"
>
> am I doing something wrong?

Hmm, I just read dhcp-options(5), and from what I can see, there are at
least two options you need to specify:

option domain-name ".server";
option host-name "dev.server";

Assuming that you also have DNS set up properly you would want to put in
the proper domain-name-server options as well:

option domain-name-server 192.168.0.1, ...

I think that should do it. :-/ I haven't tried this on my system, so I
can't guarantee anything, but you can check dhcp-options(5) for
yourself.

--
Aaron Hsu
noorah@aaronhsu.com ICQ:153114301