Subject: Re: USB scanners
To: Steve Bellovin <smb@research.att.com>
From: Chris Beaumont <chris@ncafe.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/17/2004 23:05:27
Steve,

I've had several Epson scanners and for the money they are excellent.
Epson also publishes the API, from what I have heard, so SANE and
general cross platform support is consistently better than for many of
the other brands. They tend to be pretty fast too.

The most recent purchase (at work) was a 2400 Photo, an excellent
scanner which I think is discontinued now and can be had for a song.

Chris Beaumont