Subject: Re: How can i remove the contents of lost+found directory
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Christian Biere <christianbiere@gmx.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/09/2004 21:46:02
--UPT3ojh+0CqEDtpF

Frederick Bruckman wrote:
> On Fri, 9 Jan 2004, Rishabh Kumar Goel wrote:
> > To what setting should these flags be then set to?
=20
> So try something like this:
=20
>     chflags -R nouchg,noschg /lost+found
>     rm -r lost+found

In this case you'll need also "nosappnd,nouappnd".

BTW, where are these flags properly documented? I mean, I can guess
what their effect is but especially "opaque" isn't quite explained and
even if you use google the results are rather poor. Also, e.g., I first
thought that 'schg' means that the only the system (I read that as
super-user) may change the file or directory. Of course, that's not the
case but IMHO the very short descriptions in chflags(1) might allow such an
interpretation.
I think that's a little unfortunate because these flags complement the
unix file permissions pretty well e.g., a file can be owned by a=20
regular user but he isn't able to change it.

--=20
Christian

--UPT3ojh+0CqEDtpF

--UPT3ojh+0CqEDtpF--