Subject: Re: Keeping wwwoffled from getting started
To: Benjamin Walkenhorst <krylon@gmx.net>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/23/2003 11:08:05
On Tue, 23 Dec 2003, Benjamin Walkenhorst wrote:

> As I understand things, to keep wwwoffled from being started at system
> startup, I should either remove "wwwoffled=YES" or change it to
> "wwwoffled=NO".
> I mean, NetBSD is pretty straightforward and easy to configure, and so
> far I've just stated the obvious. I should also note, this has of
> course always worked for all services. Except for wwwoffle.
>
> I have in fact tried both removing the line from rc.conf (or commenting
> it out) and changing it to "wwwoffled=NO" - still, wwwoffled shows up
> in "top", it *still* gets started.

The script was broken. It needed to have a line like

rcvar="${name}"

I've just committed a fix. Since you're obviously not going to want
to reinstall the package just to disable it, you could either fix the
script by hand, or simply remove it.

If anyone sees any more of these for any package, please file PR's.

Frederick