Subject: ftpd per host connection limit
To: None <NetBSD-users@NetBSD.org>
From: dieter <dieter.R@pandora.be>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/18/2003 21:06:31
Hi all,

I have written some patches to ftpd for making it possible to limit
the number of connections per host. This is because some people
make 5, 10 or even 30(!) connections to speed up their download,
not caring about other ftp users. Before I send-pr this or patch
my server, I'd like to hear all possible comments one could have.

The patches are at
	http://gaosu.rave.org/~dieter/NetBSD/ftpd/
or in one tar.gz:
	http://gaosu.rave.org/~dieter/NetBSD/ftpd-lph.tar.gz

This code replaces the /var/run/ftpd.pids<class> files with a db
file which stores pid-remotehost pairs. I then check if the number
of connections from a host is higher than a limitperhost directive
and if so deny the login.

thanks,

dieter

--

	There is virtue in doing the right thing just for
	the sake of doing it right.  -- Nicholas Petreley