Subject: Re: Recoverable Network File System?
To: NetBSD User's Discussion List <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Ed Wensell III <ewensell3@yahoo.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/12/2003 14:00:13
--- "Sean J.Schluntz" <schluntz@workofstone.com> wrote:
> Someone else mentioned that, but I looked it up at the site and on the
> NetBSD site and didn't see support for NetBSD.  Is there any support?

According to the mailing lists, back in Feb 2003 somneone said they were
working on porting to NetBSD. Not much activity since then. The source is
there. See if it'll compile...

There is supposedly an AFS in pkgsrc:

ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/pkgsrc/net/arla/README.html

> > Also, you mentioned alpha, and I suspect there are more 64-bit dragons
> > to slay before it works there.  I use it on i386 and sparc now.
> >

> All I need it for is i386 right now, the Sparcs and Alphas don't need
> access to the volume.

That was me... I mentioned I tried to compile it on NetBSD/Alpha at some
time. One would think since there is a binary version available for
Digital UNIX 4.0f, NetBSD/Alpha wouldn't be too far away.

I wonder if the Linux version would run under a COMPAT_LINUX system...

=====
Ed Wensell III
http://www.geocities.com/ewensell3

"It's a very sobering feeling to be up in space and realize that one's
safety factor was determined by the lowest bidder on a government
contract." - Alan Shepherd