Subject: Re: Recoverable Network File System?
To: NetBSD User's Discussion List <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Ed Wensell III <ewensell3@yahoo.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/11/2003 13:12:46
--- "Sean J. Schluntz" <schluntz@workofstone.com> wrote:
> I've been looking for a file system I can use to support a number of
> different servers.  Historically NFS has been the close enough answer,
> but this time I would like a way to fail over from one server to
> another if there is a problem.

I have not tried it personally*, but OpenAFS may be what you're looking
for. It supposed to be a secure distributed filesystem which supports
failover and offline synchronization capabilities...

http://www.openafs.org

* - I downloaded it and attempted to compile on my NetBSD/Alpha box, but
it did not compile clean first time through and I've not had time to look
into it any further.

=====
Ed Wensell III
http://www.geocities.com/ewensell3

"It's a very sobering feeling to be up in space and realize that one's
safety factor was determined by the lowest bidder on a government
contract." - Alan Shepherd