Subject: CVS problems
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: John Clark <j1clark@ucsd.edu>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/05/2003 08:01:07
I have had a lot of problems using cvs and the anoncvs.netbsd.org cvs
server.
While most other packages that I get via cvs seem to transfer
correctly, often
the netbsd cvs transfer ends with a series of what appears to be source
lines
being chewed up by the cvs check out function as if they were cvs
commands.

Other mirror sites seem to end in other similar strange failures, such
as the
most recent:

setenv CVSROOT :pserver:anoncvs@grappa.unix-ag.uni-kl.de:/cvsroot
cvs -z3 co -P src
... time passes..
U src/distrib/utils/sysinst/arch/mac68k/md.c
cvs checkout: inflate: incomplete dynamic bit lengths tree
cvs [checkout aborted]: reading from server: Input/output error
ishtar#

or another mirror where cvs login fails in a strange way.

setenv CVSROOT :pserver:anoncvs@anoncvs.de.NetBSD.org:/cvsroot

ishtar# cvs login
(Logging in to anoncvs@anoncvs.de.NetBSD.org)
CVS password:
cvs [login aborted]: unrecognized auth response from
anoncvs.de.NetBSD.org: cvs pserver: /cvsroot/CVSROOT/config:
unrecognized keyword 'tag'
ishtar#

The question is do others have similar problems, and if so, how do they
solve
these problems.

Thanks
John Clark