Subject: Re: AC97 Driver
To: Rishabh Kumar Goel <Rishabh@soc-soft.com>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 11/29/2003 01:01:03
On Fri, 28 Nov 2003, Rishabh Kumar Goel wrote:
> I want to write the ACLC driver for one of the TOSHIBA chipsets. Can u
> guys tell me where to start. I m currently seeing the ac97 driver in
> /dev/ic directory. Is the driver complete I m using NetBSD 1.6
> currently.

As far as I understand, AC97 is just a frontend/API that the
OS/applications(?) can use, and you still have to add hardware-specific
code to talk to the actual chipset. E.g. looking at sys/dev/pci/files.pc,
quite many drivers do ac97, but also interface various hardware devices -
maybe look at these drivers: clcs, clct, fms, eap, auich, auvia, neo, esa,
sem, yds, emuxki, autri ("grep ac97 files.pci").

 - Hubert

--
  ___ _ _  _   _        * Harddisk Image Cloning *
 / __| | || | | |           www.feyrer.de/g4u/