Subject: Re: Switching to bind9 on 1.6.1
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Wolfgang S. Rupprecht <wolfgang+gnus20031116T101914@wsrcc.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 11/16/2003 10:22:01
oherrala@ee.oulu.fi (Ossi Herrala) writes:
> I myself installed bind9 to /usr/pkg, so I wanted to rename files
>
> 	/usr/sbin/named   -> /usr/sbin/named.old
> 	/usr/bin/nsupdate -> /usr/bin/nsupdate.old
>
> Just in case. There might be more of those, but those two disturbed me.
> And you want to use 'rndc' instead of 'ndc' in bind9.

I, and a bunch of scripts, were always tripping over the old
executables too.  Here is what I ended up turning off:

    # turn off the old 8.x bind programs in favor of the
    # new 9.x ones in /usr/pkg/bin
    cd /usr/bin ; chmod 0 dig host nslookup nsupdate
    cd /usr/sbin ; chmod 0 named ndc

-wolfgang
--
Wolfgang S. Rupprecht 		     http://www.wsrcc.com/wolfgang/
       The above "From:" address is valid.  Don't mess with it.