Subject: Re: Silly way to waste bits, ongoing.
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Jim DeLisle <jdelisle@swellsoftware.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 11/13/2003 16:29:18
Richard Rauch wrote:
> the latter---though I think for most people, the greatest
> difficulty is going to be getting their geographic coord-
> inates.)

This may be cheating a bit...

If you live in a reasonably populated area, your city may be listed at
Your Sky ( http://www.fourmilab.ch/yoursky ). This is a nifty site put
together by John Walker to map the sky at a given lat/long. If you
select the 'Set for nearby city' option, you will be taken to a fair
listing of large cities around the globe. Hopefully, you can find one
that's close by.

A worldwide NetBSD User's Group does sound interesting, too. (A winbug?,
with an i for International). Although I do know of more knowledgeable
folks in my area, who have written published books on the subject, it
may be a worthwhile campaign to raise awareness and gel the user base.

Regards,
Jim DeLisle

--
Swell Software, Inc.
Proud Makers of PEG - The Portable Embedded GUI