Subject: Re: BasiliskII floppy dev
To: Steve Woodford <scw@netbsd.org>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 11/13/2003 07:08:47
On Thu, 13 Nov 2003, Steve Woodford wrote:

: > first off, by "ancient" it better not be double density (non-HD)
: > disks, as those are not readable by any standard PC floppy
: > controller[*].
:
: Not true. Out of the four 'PC's I have here, all four are able to read
: my old Atari ST DD disks using /dev/rfd0f (see man fdc(4)).

BasiliskII is a Macintosh emulator.  Macintosh DD disks != all other
platforms' DD disks.

: >   $ dd if=/dev/rfd0a of=diskimage.hfv bs=512 count=2880
: >
: > The resultant image should be mountable in BasiliskII just like any
: > other "floppy" option.
:
: This will work so long as the floppy was formatted using 'standard'
: parameters (double-sided, 18 sectors per track, 80 tracks).

Which is precisely the Macintosh HD format.

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org> <tv@pobox.com>