Subject: Re: libc timegm()
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Wolfgang S. Rupprecht <wolfgang+gnus20031110T111227@wsrcc.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 11/10/2003 11:22:11
> On a related note, a function similar to tzset(3) that took a
> timezone argument rather than requiring the $TZ environment to be
> modified would allow mktime(3) to be used.

I don't yet understand all that is going on, but
/usr/src/lib/libc/time/localtime.c:mktime() sure looks more
heavyweight than timegm() with extra locking and TZ string malloc-ing
and copying.  I'm not sure I really want to do that on a per
invocation basis when I convert a few thousand lines in a text file
that have a UTC timestamp up front.

-wolfgang
--
Wolfgang S. Rupprecht 		     http://www.wsrcc.com/wolfgang/
           The From: address is valid.  Don't mess with it.