Subject: Re: Unexpected ARP messages on console
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Donald J. Armstrong <donnie@cross-works.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/06/2003 11:24:20
>>Hello,
>>
>>I've posted to OBSD's mail list and noone answered. I hope someone
here=20
>>can help.

>Yes, I've seen that with linux forever. It appears that it is sending
arp packets on the wrong interface... I am just ignoring them, they
>have not bothered me enough to do something about it.

>christos

That is such a bummer.  The console arp messages are annoying enough for
me to remove the default route on the [rh 8.0] box.  Once I remove the
route on [rh 8.0], the console messages are gone, but no internet. =20

BTW, the default route on [rh 8.0] was to the internal interface.  That
way it's traffic was firewalled. =20