Subject: Re: USB -> ATA Adaptors
To: Bruce J.A. Nourish <bjan+netbsd-users@bjan.net>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/29/2003 17:04:47
On Mon, 29 Sep 2003, Bruce J.A. Nourish wrote:

: I think USB mass storage devices are fairly standardized. There is
: a strong motive for manufacturers to do so, because recent versions
: of Windows ship with generic drivers for common methods of
: implementing mass storage over USB,

This would be comfortingly true if it weren't for the fact that most of
these devices ship with a CD-ROM containing Windows drivers.

In my experience, the majority of hard drive carriers for USB are standard,
but the majority of "card reader" devices (CF, PC-ATA, etc.) are not.

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org> <tv@pobox.com>