Subject: Re: when will there be 2.0?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/28/2003 00:13:54
On Sat, Sep 27, 2003 at 12:37:05PM -0400, Perry E. Metzger wrote:

> (Sadly, updating to gcc 3.3.1 and cross building X for all platforms
> will dramatically slow our automated cross build machine -- we could
> use pointers to someone who could donate a bunch of high speed, small
> form factor hardware. No, we can't use your five year old 5U box for
> this -- we don't have rack space and we need modern hardware.)

For what it's worth, I have a source lined up for suitable 1U, P4-2.4Ghz
machines from a name-brand vendor for about $800 each.  But I've _way_
more than maxed out my personal "stuff for NetBSD" budget over the past
few years; if anyone else would be interested in donating for this purpose,
however, perhaps it would be useful to you to know that I can either:

A) Tell you what to get, and where, that'll be useful to the Project and
   the donation of which will presumably be very happily accepted

B) Tell you how much cash to donate so that we can just buy said items
   directly ourselves (see above).

Thor