Subject: Re: Mach64 and ATI driver
To: Rishabh Kumar Goel <Rishabh@soc-soft.com>
From: Bang Jun-Young <junyoung@netbsd.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/24/2003 14:40:26
On Wed, Sep 24, 2003 at 10:33:26AM +0530, Rishabh Kumar Goel wrote:
> Hi there,
> I m working on TX4927 port of NetBSD. It has a serial console as of now. I want to bring up the console on monitor. I have an Xpert 98 card with me. As I used the machfb.c driver. Since not much documentation is available for this driver I am facing some problems:
>
> 1.	Is the driver complete?
>
> 2.	apart from doing enteries in the kernel as
> 	machfb* pci? dev ? function ?
> 	wsdisplay*	machfb? console?
>
> 	And in the files.<arch>
> 	include "dev/rasops/files.rasops"
>
> 	what other enteries ar required.
>
> 3.	The drivers misses emulops data structure?
>
> 4.	My card is detected on machfb and the console get attached to the 	console but there is no display on the monitor. The monitor power LED 	did not change its color from ORANGE to GREEN. What could be the 	problem.

That indicates the driver was unable to initialize the graphics card. :-(

machfb used to run to some degree on my machine, but that was the story
of many months ago. These days I don't have free time to continue to
work on it, so it's very unlikely to run properly with the current
state (I have not even used it since then).

Someday I will resume work on it, but that won't be possible in the
near future.

Jun-Young

--
Bang Jun-Young <junyoung@NetBSD.org>