Subject: Re: mailman and apache, straight from pkgsrc, not happy...
To: Marshall Rose <mrose@dbc.mtview.ca.us>
From: Matthias Buelow <mkb@mukappabeta.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/05/2003 02:09:58
Marshall Rose writes:

>fundamentally, i'd really prefer that pkgsrc just do whatever the best current
>practice is thought to be. right now, doing a pkgsrc install of apache and
>mailman on a freshly-minted system doesn't not result in something that works...

I've just built mailman from a freshly checked-out pkgsrc and it
installs the cgi-bins as setgid mailman (which seems to work).
Although I had to tweak the owner/permissions of the datadir
(where mailman stores its stuff, including error logs) because
otherwise it couldn't even log errors, except by complaining
back to the http server.

--
  Matthias Buelow;  mkb@{mukappabeta.de,informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de}