Subject: Re: mailman and apache, straight from pkgsrc, not happy...
To: Marshall Rose <mrose+mtr.netnews@dbc.mtview.ca.us>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/04/2003 22:29:50
On Sun, Aug 31, 2003 at 09:29:27PM -0700, Marshall Rose wrote:
> can someone explain to me how to configure apache & mailman with respect
> to permissions?
>
> on a vanilla 1.6.1 system i've installed both apache & mailman from
> pkgsrc, and the /var/db/mailman/ directory is root/wheel throughout.

You should have a mailman user/group, and /var/db/mailman should be
775 mailman:mailman

> when i first tried to access .../mailman/admindb/listname, the script
> would complain that it was being invoked under gid 1006 (www) instead of
> 39 (nobody). so, i edited httpd.conf for "Group nobody".

You may want to tweak MAILMAN_MAILGROUP before compiling mailman.
However on my system I don't have problems with apache running www:www
I have a lot of scripts sgid mailman in /usr/pkg/lib/mailman, however.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>