Subject: mysterious galeon and evolution crashes
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/29/2003 10:45:06
My wife uses gnome 1.4 on NetBSD 1.6-stable/i386 with galeon and
evolution (all from pkgsrc).  The system used to be FreeBSD 4-stable
until not too long ago.  For a while under NetBSD all was well.  Then,
perhaps after doing 'make update' in libiconv, but perhaps not (I
don't remember), the addressbook component of evolution started
crashing on startup (with a 'wombat segmentation fault' popup).  Now,
galeon is also crashing on startup.  When I log in (also gnome 1.4), I
can start both with no issues.

Does anyone have any clues?

Is Evolution 1.2.4 the latest stable version that works with gnome
1.4?  I tried to find this out on the web but ximian's evolution pages
are amazingly content free.