Subject: Re: Getting TERM right
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Gilbert Fernandes <gilbertf@netbsd-fr.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/02/2003 18:45:09
On Sat, Aug 02, 2003 at 01:10:31PM -0400, Greg A. Woods wrote:

>> When I say "broken colors" for wsvt, I mean that
>> colors with a black background were displayed fine,
>> but those with a non-black background were simply
>> shown as bright-white on black.

I get the same result since I moved from 1.6.1
to current (1.6U). On console, I use wsvt25 as
terminal definition, and since I moved to current
(complete reinstall) mutt no longer shows color
properly while other color applications do properly
(irssi, for example). Using screen (the gnu screen)
makes mutt show colors properly though.

I have checked twice my settings related to /etc
but I don't see anything. Using the same settings
under 1.6.1 gave me colors under mutt any time
(without and with screen launched) while since I
went 1.6U I only get colors if screen is launched
(for mutt). If I launch mutt on console (wsvt25
with 80x50) I get bright white over black.

I removed and compiled again mutt, checked my
terminal settings and configuration, checked the
mutt config, to no avail. As I launch screen
almost all the time on console, that doesn't
trouble me so much, but I have not yet been able
to get mutt colors to work under the console
like I was doing with 1.6.1 :/

--
Gilbert Fernandes