Subject: core vs seteuid()
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jorgen Lundman <lundman@lundman.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/30/2003 11:17:23
Using NetBSD as primary development machine, it is a development OS after all,
but have frequently been annoyed at some of the anti-core features ;)

Program calls seteuid() a fair bit, but if it ever dies I need the core to
remove any bugs. I know it may be undesirable to have core files from seteuid
programs in a multi user machine, but since these are dedicated development
machines that is not a concern.

Are there easy ways to make sure it dumps core, _always_? Even if I have to
force them into a special directory or whatever. I would rather not have to hack
at kernel sources and rebuild the kernel too :)

(yep, limit allows core, both soft and hard, I don't chdir() anywhere, and the
directory it is started from is 777. It is started as root, but may be any euid
by the time it cores).

Lund

--
Jorgen Lundman       | <lundman@lundman.net>
Unix Administrator   | +81 (0)3 -5456-2687 ext 1017 (work)