Subject: Re: rs232-controller switches
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@embedtronics.fi>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/22/2003 16:09:10
On Thu, May 22, 2003 at 02:34:13PM +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> > I have a more complex programmer (home-designed) with NetBSD host software.
> > It supports ISP programming as well.
>
> Well, please make it available on web ! :)

I'll think about that.  The hardware is not trivial (it uses two switchers
to generate adjustable programming voltages etc) and connects to a standard
RS232 port.  I had a bunch of PCB's manufactured, but I've run out of
populated boards (empty PCB's are still available).

> > Yes, but PIC16F628 (with a hardware UART) costs about 2 euros, so there
> > isn't much room for savings ;-)  I have used software UARTs, though,
> > because the earlier PICs didn't have hardware ones..
>
> How much I/O does it have ?

It's a 18-pin package, up to 16 pins can be used for I/O (one of those
is input only).

> Are the datasheets of these things available on web ?

Yes, at http://www.microchip.com/

  -jm