Subject: Re: Doh! bootstrap-pkgsr won't build
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Andreas Maus <maus_andreas@web.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/20/2003 19:51:23
--DocE+STaALJfprDB

On Sat, May 17, 2003 at 10:14:25AM +0200, Lubomir Sedlacik wrote:
Hi Lubomir.

> > untar it run bootstrap:
>=20
> bootstrap-pkgsrc is for non-NetBSD systems.  please follow the
> instructions mentioned at:
>=20
>   http://netbsd.org/Documentation/software/packages.html#binary
>=20
> and below.
Whoops. I've stopped reading after bootstrap and thought 'Cool! Lets try it=
'...
And I missed somehow the sentence 'If you are using NetBSD, you can get sta=
rted with pkgsrc right away.'
in the documentation.

Shame on me ! Shame on me !!!

=2E..but on the other hand ... Now I know that bootstrap is for non-NetBSD-=
systems and
I am looking a Packagemanagement for my "Linux from scratch"-Systems which =
compiles=20
from source and tracks dependancies. I will give bootstrap a try on my Peng=
uin-Hosts...

Next time I will read the _whole_ documentation. I promise ;-)

Anyway, thanks for the help.

Andreas.

--=20
Windows 95: A 32-bit patch for a 16-bit GUI shell running on top of
an 8-bit operating system written for a 4-bit processor by a 2-bit
company who cannot stand 1 bit of competition.

--DocE+STaALJfprDB

--DocE+STaALJfprDB--