Subject: Re: IDE LED always on
To: SUNAGAWA Keiki <kei_sun@ba2.so-net.ne.jp>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@theory.cs.uni-bonn.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/13/2003 11:41:46
--tqI+Z3u+9OQ7kwn0

On Tue, May 13, 2003 at 06:22:51PM +0900, SUNAGAWA Keiki wrote:
> > > That's against the our mantra: "do it right".
> >=20
> > so some CD ROMs shouldn't be supported at all.
> >=20
> > it's hardware problem in fact. not all devices has this.
>=20
> bad/broken hardwares have been source of headache.  We have
> quirk entries in device driver to save such devices.
>=20
> > after poweron light is on as long as BIOS scans for CD-ROM's, then it's
> > off, then it's back on after NetBSD resets IDE channel.
> >=20
> > but there's some difference between how NetBSD and BIOS scans for devic=
es!
>=20
> Hmm, could you try booting the older release of NetBSD (boot
> floppy is enough) to check if the symptom still arises?

Look for the tags in amiga/dev/*wdc.c. That will tell you the date when it
already was there.

_And_ the error report told that idesc.c did NOT have the problem, with the
same hardware.

So if you know what ATA is, you might be able to find out what the problem
is.

	-is

--tqI+Z3u+9OQ7kwn0

--tqI+Z3u+9OQ7kwn0--