Subject: Re: USB flash disks
To: Steve Bellovin <smb@research.att.com>
From: Emre Yildirim <ey@ieee.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/12/2003 21:58:56
Once upon a time Steve Bellovin said:
> The failure symptom is that it never progresses past saying
> "umass0 at ....".  If you remove the flash disk, the system dies.

And I thought I was the only one affected by this problem.  I've been trying out
several -current versions and the problem still persists.  The system freezes
seconds after I pull out the flash disk; I should try inserting it during boot time.
 I didn't think of doing a send-pr, because I thought it might have been my kernel
config.

I wonder if anyone has tried putting NetBSD on these things.  More and more BIOS'
are able to boot from USB devices, and 'NetBSD on your key chain' would make a good
tool kit for repairing windows computers that went nuts.  Right now I'm using some
Linux distro that runs off of a CD for that purpose.  Anyway, just a random
thought...