Subject: ipfilter logging
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Roger Fischer <r@aileron.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/10/2003 17:49:44
I recently got my NetBSD box up and running.
(It's been installed but wasn't my active firewall).

I'm running NetBSD 1.5.2 and I've got ipfilter set up and running.
What I'm curious about is where does it log to?

I've found absolutely nothing /var/log/messages or /var/log/secure.
When I was running ipchains on my redhat firewall, I had dozens of
hits perday which were logged.
I know that something has got to be hitting me.

I even have a rule that lets me ssh in from a particular external
address and I specifically added logging to this rule.  I've used it
dozens of times, but it still never gets logged.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
- Roger