Subject: Re: how to i enable quotas ?
To: Felix Zaslavskiy <felix@students.poly.edu>
From: David Maxwell <david@vex.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/02/2003 18:06:37
On Fri, May 02, 2003 at 05:23:23PM -0400, Felix Zaslavskiy wrote:
> >SEE ALSO
> >    quotactl(2), fstab(5), edquota(8), quotacheck(8), quotaon(8),
> >    repquota(8), rpc.rquotad(8)
> >Ben
> >
> Yes I have read all those !!!!
> still nothing tells me about how to actualy change the quota of users.
>
> #edquota -u felix
>
> Then all the infomation would be there and all i have to do is change
> the numbers but like i already specified all i get is
>
> Quota for felix:

Just use the other format of edquota first:

edquota [-u] [-f filesystem] [-h block#/inode#] [-s block#/inode#]
             username ...

edquota -h 200000 -s 180000 felix

Then you can do 'edquota felix' and see the standard format - which is
useful if you're doing query->change, but if you're just doing 'set',
the command line options are more convienient.

(About an Amiga rendering landscapes) It's not thinking, it's being artistic!
					      - Jamie Woods