Subject: Re: raidframe parity always dirty after reboot
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Matthias Buelow <mkb@mukappabeta.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/28/2003 02:37:52
Daniel Cox writes:

>running shutdown gives the opportunity for some processes to be shutdown cleanly/correctly - there are not many that need it but swap is one of them.

well.. I'm not that convinced that swap "needs" that; I've always
thought of shutdown rather being a wrapper to inform users about
a timed shutdown than being necessary to keep things clean.
IMHO it's a workaround; the kernel should properly unconfigure
swap partitions/-files by itself before unconfiguring RAIDs.

--
Matthias Buelow
home: mkb/at/mukappabeta.de