Subject: Performance of VIA RhineII (vr) driver in -current?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Baird <cjb@brushtail.apana.org.au>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/25/2003 05:23:10
I have a VIA EPIA 800 board in the process of being tuned up to be an
'appropriate technology' server. Unfortunately I've discovered
although Linux-2.4.x (Debian 3.0.0) and FreeBSD 5.0 works well on this
(tiny) box[1], NetBSD-1.6.1 has show-stopping problems with the
RhineII Ethernet (vr) device. Is this a solved problem in
NetBSD-current?

(Normally I would of course just jump in and install current on the
machine to find out how it goes, but the situtation unfortunately
isn't amicable to my trying that.. Unless I can show good reason,
I'll probably be told to stop wasting time and stick with FreeBSD. :(

--
Chris Baird,, <abuse@brushtail.apana.org.au>
 [1] A 'desktop' that weighs less than some laptops..