Subject: Re: Problem with mozilla-bin ?
To: Patrick Welche <prlw1@newn.cam.ac.uk>
From: Bryan P <u7@terran.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/24/2003 12:39:15
On the distinguished day of Apr 24, Patrick Welche wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 23, 2003 at 09:24:24AM -0700, Bryan P wrote:
> > On the accomplished day of Apr 23, Florence HENRY said:
> >
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I have installed mozilla-bin this morning (with the latest pkgsrc
> > > retreived this morning too with sup), and it just doesn't work.  the
> > > command /usr/pkg/bin/mozilla-linux just ends without any error
> > > message.
> > > what could be the origin of my problem ?
> > >
> > > ps : maybe I'm posting to the wrong mailing-list, but I've no working
> > > navigator for now and don't know the lists names by heart ....
> >
> > I'm afraid I can't offer any suggestions with mozilla from pkgsrc,
> > because I've only ever built my own.  If you're browserless and have
> > the time/bandwidth at hand to do a mozilla build, you might consider
> > that.  Sources from yesterday built and work quite well under
> > current/i386 for me.
>
> I had it just ending without error messages, so I tried a cvs update of
> src and pkgsrc, built a new kernel and world, and then cd www/mozilla
> Now I get:
> Core was generated by `mozilla-bin'.
> #0  0x8072df8 in NS_GetMemoryManager ()
> #1  0x8072e00 in NS_GetMemoryManager ()
> #2  0x8072e00 in NS_GetMemoryManager ()
> ... repeated forever ...
>
> Well, it's different :)  (no ahc on that box..)

Heh heh, I spoke a bit too soon... after updating to yesterday's -current,
my previously working mozilla build now fails in the same fashion.  I think
it's due to the use of both pth and native threads.  I'm trying to update
some things now and possibly eliminate GNU pth to see if it works after
that.

-bp
--
# Software Engineer