Subject: Re: In-kernel pppoe doesn't seem to detect connection loss
To: Juha K Kallio <bunnyh@psychedelic.baana.suomi.net>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/23/2003 14:24:35
On Wed, Apr 23, 2003 at 03:08:22PM +0300, Juha K Kallio wrote:
> It clearly seems that for some weird reason, the in-kernel pppoe is not checking the connection at all. I can't see a
> setting for that anywhere.

There is no setting for it, it's always active for PPPoE connections.
Since it works everywhere and you are the only one able to reproduce the
problem, you are the only one who can debug it.

Look at sys/net/if_spppsubr.c and search for the sppp_keepalive function.
This is called every 10 seconds and checks all interfaces. Add a few printfs
there and find out why it does not hit the

   if (sp->pp_alivecnt == MAXALIVECNT) {

clause in line 4693.

Martin