Subject: Booting big kernels from CDROM
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Ian Main <ian-netbsd@stemwinder.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/22/2003 11:51:50
Hi all,

I am trying to setup a diskless laptop (x86)..  I have everything
working in terms of nfs root etc., but I have no way to boot a
kernel.  My only real choice seems to be to boot from cdrom, but
I don't know if it's even possible to boot a large image from CD.
I was hoping I could just put the bootloader as the boot image on
the CD and have it pick up the kernel image from the filesystem on
it, but.. dunno :)

The other odd thing is.. soon as I set the kernel to have an nfs
root the image balloons to 30MB?

Anyway, Anyone have any ideas as to how this could be done?

    Ian