Subject: Console screens dimmed by X
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Christopher Tribo <t1345@hopi.dtcc.edu>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/21/2003 17:27:21
	Recent changes to wsmoused caused X not to be able to grab the
mouse at startup so it quit, but when it quit it didn't reset the screen
brightness, as a result the default foreground text is barely visable on
my screen. Shouldn't "reset" take care of this? /etc/rc.d/wscons restart
doesn't do anything meaningful. Is there any way to reset the console
colors to the defaults? FWIW, bold text in man pages shows up fine, its
just normal foreground text that I can't see. shouldn't X restore the
palette settings to their defaults on exit instead of just using what was
there when it started?

--
I'm trying to port NetBSD to my cup of tea, but it keeps kernel panicking
on refill. This is odd, because I ported it to my toaster and my bookcase

Any hints?

Jared Earle - http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-ports/2002/07/04/0000.html