Subject: Re: kern/20039 - ppp and mbuf leak
To: Michael Kukat <michael@bsdfans.org>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/19/2003 12:09:41
On Sat, Apr 19, 2003 at 11:54:20AM +0200, Michael Kukat wrote:
>      Unfortunately this sysctl does not fix the MSS advertised by hosts in the
>      network behind a pppoe connected router.
..
> This looks like what i want. Maybe the reference to ipnat(5) should be included
> in the mentioned paragraph of pppoe(4). Otherwise the usual reader stops
> reading, not thinking about hunting in other docs, as the documentation states
> something like "no, not possible".

How explicit can you get, given that it's explained right in the next paragraph
of that man page? Anyway, I changed it to read:

     Unfortunately this sysctl does not fix the MSS advertised by hosts in the
     network behind a pppoe connected router. To fix this you need MSS-
     clamping, explained below.

Martin