Subject: Re: kern/20039 - ppp and mbuf leak
To: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
From: Michael Kukat <michael@bsdfans.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/19/2003 11:33:45
Hi!

On Sat, 19 Apr 2003, Martin Husemann wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 19, 2003 at 08:47:02AM +0200, Michael Kukat wrote:
> > is there any ongoing effort in kern/20039, or has someone even solved the
> > problem?
>
> Most people seem to have stopped using rp-pppoe in favor of the in-kernel
> (pppoe0) stuff, which does not have this problem.

In-kernel pppoe has the problem of missing "MSS clamping" for forwarded
connections AFAIK. This was the reason for using rp-pppoe instead of the very
well working mouse-pppoe for me.

Are there any success stories about this? I never really tried this out, as it
was documented, that the correct MSS is only sent in outgoing connection from
the interface, not in forwarded connection via a firewall using pppoe0.

...Michael

--
http://www.unixiron.org/    Home Powered by: (Net|Open|Free)BSD IRIX NonStop-UX
Solaris AIX HP-UX Tru64 MUNIX Ultrix VMS SINIX Dolphin_Unix OpenStep MacOS A/UX