Subject: Re: RAIDFrame One or Many
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillham@vaultron.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/16/2003 15:47:57
On Wed, Apr 16, 2003 at 12:50:54PM +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> > swapoff=NO              # Remove block-type swap partitions upon shutdown
> >
> > This seems to work fine on my one raid volume system.

Of course I meant swapoff=YES, I just pasted the /etc/defaults/rc.conf line.

> Yes, it works if you use shutdown. But halt or reboot don't run the
> shutdown scripts.

Right, but I would personally expect people to run shutdown in a normal
situation.  If they have to halt the box in a hurry then the rebuild will
be an issue.

I'm not necessarily advocating a single raid volume for everything, I'm
just saying that it seems to work pretty well for me even with swap.

I started out with 5 (or 6? can't remember) raid volumes, but I found the
higher (I guess) number of i/o operations was hosing up the ahc driver.
Once the newer port makes it into the tree I might try again.

-Andrew