Subject: Re: buying more NetBSD hardware
To: Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@tensor.3miasto.net>
From: Ed Wensell III <ewensell3@yahoo.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/16/2003 05:10:14
--- Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@tensor.3miasto.net> wrote:
> it that range older PC's like pentium 100-200 gives the same even
> cheaper,
> and it's easy to find stable machine (compared to new hardware).

I agree... A P100/200 would be very easy to obtain and provide a very
stable platform. However, what was the goal here? A cheap/stable
commodity-platform NetBSD system, or an 'interesting' system? How
interesting is a Pentium 100 system when almost everyone has one in their
garage collecting dust?

I think the original author is after some of the more unique hardware
supported by NetBSD. Stuff that not everyone would have collecting dust in
the garage.

=====
Ed Wensell III
http://www.geocities.com/ewensell3

"Ironic isn't it, that God gave the tortoise a drag factor of 0.03. " - unknown