Subject: Re: backups
To: Caffeinate The World <mochaexpress@yahoo.com>
From: Stefan Schumacher <stefan@net-tex.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/13/2003 00:19:17
--vtzGhvizbBRQ85DL

* Caffeinate The World (mochaexpress@yahoo.com) wrote:
> What are you using for backups? I'm curious as to the low cost of HD,
> CDROM, DVDR, etc, if people are still using tapes / DLTs for backups?
>=20
> What solution do you use?

Monthly dump -0 and weekly dump -1 are saved to tape, daily dump -2 is saved
on 100MB ZIP disk.

I don't trust CDR for backups 'cause I got many problems with their
integrity, also I've lost some 5 yo disks due to readerrors, so I bought a
cheap streamer at ebay and I got no problems with it.

Stefan
--=20
NetBSD: All your Platform are belong to us.

                                                       [http://www.net-tex.=
de]

--vtzGhvizbBRQ85DL

--vtzGhvizbBRQ85DL--