Subject: Re: Some newbie questions and swearing
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Christian Biere <christianbiere@gmx.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/12/2003 18:51:44
--=.Fml6jL1hd/,iM8

Jani Alanko <jpalan@utu.fi> wrote:

> I guess this keyboard thing also causes it, that I can't
> switch from window to another with Alt-Tab (using Blackbox)

Blackbox has no support for this. I guess you've installed a
complementary tool for this. Maybe you have to correct the
modifier key. Try xmodmap.

> when I'm using vim, arrow keys, backspace and delete don't work in
> insert mode the way I'm used to

You might have to adjust your ~/.inputrc. Mine looks like this:

set bell-style none

"\e[3~": delete-char
"\e[7~": beginning-of-line
"\e[8~": end-of-line
"\e[1~": beginning-of-line
"\e[4~": end-of-line

> And second; why I can't use su-command even though I thought I
> switched my group to wheel?

Is su installed as setuid-root?

> Xterm gives me this:
> Xlib: extension "XFree86-DGA" missing on display ":0.0".

See /etc/X11/XF86Config and comment out the appropriate line.

> Are you sure BSD doesn't stand for Bastard Software Distribution?

Very sure, but you certainly don't know what bastard means at all.

> Oh, and one more thing: when I scroll to the bottom of a man page it
> just exits. Any idea why?

$ env|grep PAGER
PAGER=less

Yes.