Subject: Re: RAIDFrame in Production Use
To: Caffeinate The World <mochaexpress@yahoo.com>
From: Christoph Kaegi <kgc@zhwin.ch>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/11/2003 13:54:56
On 2003.04.10 16:23, Caffeinate The World wrote:
> If you have experience in using RAIDFrame in production, I'd like to
> know what your thoughts are.

All the servers I run (about 10) are completely mirrored
with RAIDFrame (/, /usr, /var, /home, swap )

I've never had troubles with it.

> I hear it is CPU intensive, how intensive is it?

I don't think there is a noticable CPU load with RAIDFrame.

> What do you use for hot swappables with NetBSD? Any power down
> necessary?
None. There's usually there's not enough money to buy
SCSI gear...
I have to shutdown the systems, replace the disks
and rebuild.

> Which RAID do you use and for what application?

RAID1 on all filesystems and swap.

Regards
Chris

Christoph Kaegi                                           kgc@zhwin.ch