Subject: Re: uvm crashes
To: None <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: None <emre@asper.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/02/2003 16:02:02
> Those panics are most probably a hardware problems, and not likely to be
> related to the NIC (unless the PCI slot is bogus, and the adapter ends
> up dma'ing in random memory places).
> I would do the usual checks: press on the memory sticks, evetually
> unplug and replug them, check fans, etc ...

I'm thinking it's BIOS related.  I manually set the CPU speed in there
because it didnt list 2200Mhz.  Now I'm running it at 2000Mhz and
untar'ing pkgsrc didn't make the machine crash.  I remember when I
slightly overclocked the machine, it wouldnt even boot from the cd; it
would just hang.  After setting it back to 'automatic settings' for the
CPU, it worked.  I thought I could get away by manually setting the speed
to 2.2Ghz, but I guess that didn't work.

I'm going to try more stuff and see how long the machine stays up.

Thanks