Subject: Re: Invalid partition table on Dell
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: None <emre@asper.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/01/2003 15:58:08
Okay,

I apologize for not doing my own research first.  I've fixed the problem.
If anyone wants to know how I fixed it, here's how.  I searched google
(something I should have done before posting) and found this e-mail:

http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-i386/2001/03/28/0006.html

I did exactly what was told in there; I moved the partition to '0' using
the same information as '3'.  After that, I used fdisk -a to make 0
active.  Now it works like a charm.  I also noticed that someone sent a PR
for this:

http://www.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=13310

It seems like 'normal' Dell workstations are also affected by this problem.