Subject: Re: rebuilding huge packages?
To: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
From: Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/29/2003 10:22:20

>> >Does make fetch-list do what you want?
>>
>> No, because it fetches things that aren't out of date and don't need to
>> be rebuilt.
>
>It won't generate any script for files that you already have...

...but it will for packages that are not out of date but where have
deleted the distfile(s).

nevertheless, pkgdepgraph 2.3 added the -F script output which will
visit only the out-of-date packages that you have installed and make
fetch.  steve suggested it, and i have to say, it's really quite nice
to be able to download a pile of stuff and then build it while i'm
riding the train home.

--
|-----< "CODE WARRIOR" >-----|
werdna@squooshy.com       * "information is power -- share the wealth."