Subject: Re: rebuilding huge packages?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Christian Biere <christianbiere@gmx.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/25/2003 02:53:46
--=.jhLD+:Ap(BSqu?

"Jeremy C. Reed" <reed@reedmedia.net> wrote:
> If you know of any package that has an invalid +CONTENTS, please
> send-pr it.

I don't know of any but I don't think I would notice it.

> The make "print-PLIST" target does a reasonable job of attempting to
> build the initial PLIST (for a pkgsrc developer). It basically does a
> find(1) too.

Well, I don't think or expect that pkgsrc is *perfect* wrt this.
Something based on systrace could be near to perfect but might be a
PITA as well. I guess, if I add some configure options this changes the
list of files to be installed for some packages. So to say, it works
out-of-the-box but if you change something, you better know what you're
doing.

The only annoying glitch I've noticed so far is, some packages have
problems if you move the workdir away from /usr/pkgsrc or don't install
them as root. The later requires some unnecessary fiddling with
checks for UIDs in the scripts. It can be nice to verify you're NOT
running something as root, verifying whether you ARE root is more
annoying than helpful, IMHO.

Christian

--=.jhLD+:Ap(BSqu?

--=.jhLD+:Ap(BSqu?--