Subject: Re: linux emulation for eclipse
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/21/2003 10:24:43
Marc Recht <marc@informatik.uni-bremen.de> wrote:
> >Also, regardless of whether or not I was using it on Linux or NetBSD, I
> >was only able to build linux-motif and only with JDK1.3.
> >
> Hmm, I'm running linux eclipse/gtk+2 (bin version from eclipse.org) for a
> while now on 1.6x without any problems.

Hmm, that never worked for me, last I tried.  Odd.

> What is the reason build eclipse from the source on linux ? Wouldn't
> it be simpler to just use the (same) bin pkg for Linux and NetBSD ?

Oddly enough, the binary package didn't work for me under Linux either
-- and as I said, it didn't work on NetBSD for me.  So I built it from
sources.  I hope to make it work with gtk, too, as well as for NetBSD,
but at the moment I don't have much time to work on this.

I'll be happy to accept patches, though. :)

-Jan

--
I seem to be having this tremendous difficulty with my lifestyle.