Subject: Re: Installing Apache-PHP-Mysql & other related apache modules
To: dkwok <dkwok@iware.com.au>
From: mackstann <mack@incise.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/20/2003 19:19:14
On Fri, Mar 21, 2003 at 11:41:41AM +1100, dkwok wrote:
> Thanks. It is in fact working.

Cool. :)

> However, is there any order when I install these packages cause there
> are so many of them which may be useful later on.

AFAIK it doesn't matter, otherwise the dependancies would be done by
pkgsrc.  php4-pcre, php4-mysql, php4-gd, php4-dba, I have all of these
and maybe another installed, it doesn't seem to matter what order you
install them in, since they are not dependant on one another.  However
of course ap-php4 is dependant on apache and php4-mysql is dependant on
mysql, and all of the php4-* are dependant on ap-php4.

> All my "or die" function does not work. I think I have to turn on the
> debug mode. How could I do that?

(Again, AFAIK), an "or" statement only executes if the statement before
it returned FALSE (or possibly 0.. don't really remember), if your
mysql_connect() fails it should return FALSE, same with
mysql_select_db(), but if a mysql_query() gets 0 results, it will still
return an empty result set, but will only return FALSE upon something
like a syntax error.  Use "echo mysql_error()" liberally, and of course
read here: http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.mysql.php :)

#php on freenode is a good place to get help too.  Very active.

--
transmission complete | mackatincise.org | fortune@19:00 CST:
Stop searching. Happiness is right next to you.